Alaska Christian College is affiliated with the Evangelical Covenant Church and is part of the Alaska Conference of the Evangelical Covenant Church. ACC’s mission is to provide a Christ-centered and general studies education to primarily Alaska Native youth in a culturally relevant community. ACC is a non-profit organization and is located on the outskirts of Soldotna on the Kenai Peninsula. Candidates for all positions must be eligible to work in the United States. All positions are open until filled. Click on the “plus” icon on the right to open the description of the open position. Complete job descriptions can be obtained from ACC.
Retention and Persistence Coordinator
Part-time, Regular, Hourly, Non-Exempt
1. Meet with students that are struggling and at-risk in order to develop a plan and intervention strategy for success
2. Follow-up with struggling students.
3. Schedule and coordinate Talking Circles
4. Manage and maintain ACC Early Alert database (Pharos360)
5. Accept and respond to referrals in Pharos360
6. Create and send bi-weekly surveys to faculty.
7. Create plans for at-risk students
8. Collaborate with Student Success Center, Academics, Student Services and NHCC to manage student care cases built in Pharos360.
9. Attend and participate as a non-voting consultant to the Retention Committee, SAP Committee, and the Academic Success Council.
10. Provide transportation to students for off-campus meetings.
11. Serve on the Retention Committee and assist in developing the campus wide retention plan.
12. Provide assessment data to the Retention Committee.
13. Develop standard operation procedures (SOP) manual for this position.
14. Other duties as assigned.
1. Should have knowledge of principles for providing customer service including needs assessment, meeting quality standards, and evaluating customer satisfaction.
2. Must have knowledge of group behavior and dynamics, societal influences, ethnicity, and cultural histories and origins.
3. Must have good communication skills, both verbally and written.
4. Must understand and maintain confidentiality of all information seen or heard.
5. Must be able to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintain them over time.
6. Detail oriented, with a high degree of accuracy and skill in all work performed.
7. Functions well in a cross-cultural environment, has a teachable attitude, is willing to be a team player, must be adaptable, open to change and considerable variety in the workplace.
8. Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
9. Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word (basic keyboarding 40 wpm), Excel, Power Point, Access, and Outlook and campus specific software.
10. Must be organized, efficient, and show good time management skills.
11. Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Provide both scheduled and walk-up tutorial services.
- Oversee and create/provide materials for learning communities and/or reading circles as needed.
- Keep accurate records of tutorial sessions, reading circles, and learning communities.
- Maintain integrity in student work and tutorial session.
- Provide feedback on Student Success Center usage to Student Success Center Manager.
- Attend tutor training as provided through the Academic area.
- With permission of the student, notify Student Success Center Manager and/or the Vice President for Academic Affairs when student concerns in subjects may necessitate a status change for the course.
- Works with other tutoring staff and ACC volunteers to coordinate services for students.
- Create/maintain motivating environment for learning.
- Create activities for mid-term and finals weeks.
- Serve as a mentor to one or more students (optional)
- At the Student Success Center Manager’s discretion may serve as an ALP advisor to one or more student.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrate academic excellence.
- Understand tutoring practice.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Must understand and maintain confidentiality of all information seen or heard.
- Must be able to work independently and show good judgment.
- Needs to be organized and show good time management skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of Windows Office and have good data entry skills.
- Must be reliable and dependable with regular, timely attendance.